Graham Athletics and Wellness Center
Amplifying Athletics and Wellness
We can already imagine how new facilities for athletics and wellness will combine physical education, health and training to promote fitness and healthy choices. In the new William A. Graham IV OPC '58 Athletics and Wellness Center we will fortify the PC athletic legacy, cheer the Quakers, and gather to celebrate all-school traditions.
The athletics vision began with the first project in the campus transformation: construction of a new baseball field on the newly purchased property on Strawbridge Campus. Ralph F. Palaia Field was completed in Spring 2019. The new complex provides synergy between the athletics facilities on both sides of School House Lane.
The Graham Athletics and Wellness Center will include:
- Fitness center and cardio center, training room, hydrotherapy, nutrition center
- Wrestling room, basketball courts for team practice and PE program (the courts convert to competition courts), climbing wall
- Wellness-multipurpose room, student and coach lockers, meeting spaces
- OPC Rail of Recognition and storytelling display of PC traditions
- Safe, direct access to track / Maguire Field / Strawbridge Campus / Palaia Field
- Storm water management features, nature landscape
The new complex will also provide synergy between the athletics facilities on both sides of School House Lane.
The campus master planning project determined that the very best place to build the new lower school now, as well as for the future development of our 47-acre campus, is on the site of the current field house. Moving the functions of the field house to the new Graham Athletics and Wellness Center adjacent to Maguire Field creates the opportunity to build the lower school in the best location—and create a vibrant, collective Academic Village.
A new view of campus from School House Lane, with Graham Athletics and Wellness on the left, the main academic building in the center, and the David L. Kurtz Center for the Performing Arts on the right presents a unified front line representing the ongoing vision and new expression of academics, arts and athletics.
You are here because Penn Charter matters to you, too.
Join us to advance our shared mission and goal to create the most challenging, exhilarating educational program.