Goal 4: Time
Reimagine the use of time.
And we will:
- Rethink and refine learning outside school hours, including homework, to engage students in meaningful work.
- Plan time for reflection and mindfulness.
- View a students' day and year holistically, supporting balance and a healthy pace.
- Support the tradition of strong student-teacher relationships.
- Middle School Mornings
- Learning Management System
- Concussion Management
- Friends Lobbying in DC
- Third Grade Wax Museum
- Advanced Physics Bridge Project
- Middle School Advisory
- Help with issues of pace and balance, especially when combined with other current initiatives/discussions (such as homework load, digital distractions). Semesters also would offer more “room” and flexibility for planning courses, projects, assessments.
- Allow for greater depth of study, especially in electives and service learning courses. The goal is not necessarily to add more content, but rather to take a “deeper dive.” Semesters are better suited for project-based learning, which we are incorporating more.
- Not have dramatic impact on year-long courses, although they have already led us to think of structuring those courses differently.
- Better absorb schedule changes & interruptions.
- Create greater flexibility to think about other potential major changes in areas such as the daily schedule and the Senior Comprehensive Project.
- Accommodate study abroad interest more easily.
- And, given the high percentage of Early Decision and Early Action applicants, they would allow College Counseling to reports grades to colleges in a timely manner that is more consistent with our peer schools.
Middle School Mornings
Online Learning Management SystemIn September 2015, we rolled out The Hub, PC’s online learning management system.
The Hub is a one-stop site for teachers to post class materials and assignments, for students to easily access in and out of school, and for parents to receive teacher communications and check team schedules.
The feedback from students, teachers and Middle and Upper School parents about the Hub was very positive; based on feedback from Lower School parents teachers made changes in the 2016-2017 school year to create more robust content and regular communications.
Prefer it in print? View and download this 24-page publication that explains the six goals of the Strategic Vision, the strategies to support those goals, and the themes and issues that inspired the Strategic Vision.
You are here because Penn Charter matters to you, too.
Join us to advance our shared mission and goal to create the most challenging, exhilarating educational program.