Goal 5: Space
Develop and repurpose space to serve the changing needs of the Penn Charter Program and mission.
And we will:
- Develop a facilities plan that supports our educational program and is fully integrated with the implementation plan for our Strategic Vision.
- Create an environmental plan that fosters environmental stewardship and develops systems and processes to ensure all decisions are evaluated in light of their environmental impact, with consideration of affordable and sustainable alternatives.
- Expand educational opportunities beyond the is 44-acre campus to include off-site learning with academic, cultural and corporate institutions in metropolitan Philadelphia.
Spaces Update and Architectural Drawings
- Lower School
- Campus Master Plan
- Composting and Garden Beds
- Friends Lobbying in DC
- Teaching & Learning Center
The Strategic Vision called for the construction of a state-of-the-art Lower School. Between 2013 and 2017, the planning for that new facility progressed through a visioning stage, the master plan for the campus, and the quiet phase of a capital campaign. The planned location and the architectural drawings for the new Lower School were shared on Oct. 20, 2017, at the public opening of the capital campaign that will fund the Lower School, among other priorities.
Our plan for Penn Charter's future is organized around six goals, each with a set of strategies.
Prefer it in print? View and download this 24-page publication that explains the six goals of the Strategic Vision, the strategies to support those goals, and the themes and issues that inspired the Strategic Vision.
You are here because Penn Charter matters to you, too.
Join us to advance our shared mission and goal to create the most challenging, exhilarating educational program.